Philadelphia Phillies slugger Ryan Howard was on “Late Night with David Letterman” last night. Howard’s “Top 10 reasons to watch the baseball playoffs”:
10. Fox’s coverage now extends to the postgame shower.
9. What are you gonna do, watch hockey?
8. One lucky viewer will win a free Tommy John surgery.
7. We just had the Phillie Phanatic clipped, wormed and neutered.
6. Trips to the mound now include a fabulous “Glee”-style dance number.
5. The crack of the bat replaced by a “boing” sound.
4. Do you really need an excuse to sit on the couch and drink beer?
3. Mention my name and you can rebroadcast the game without express written consent of Major League Baseball.
2. It’s about time the Yankees got some attention from the national media.
And the Number 1 reason to watch this year’s postseason:
If you’re watching “The Late Show,” you'll watch anything.
OK, no home runs there, but a solid hit.